Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The chef-struck housewife... And other corny tales.

Cooking has really become a balancing act in the last few months. Anything that has to do with food has to be done pronto. Eat fast. Cook promptly. Bubba doesn't really wait for me to savor the tastes or take my own sweet time in preparing food. Heck, I don't even take much photos now (hence the huge lag in posts)! To Jellybean, life is about her, her and more her.

I've learnt to do things fast, or wait until i have a Jelly-sitter: H or my parents.

Im starting to wonder if I'm normal. Cos come night time I'm usually exhausted. Entertaining and looking after Jellybean is one tiring job. Whoever thought playing with a 7 month old can take up that much energy?! Or maybe I'm just plain unhealthy.

This brings me to my next point: 'me' time. In my exhaustion, I will also crave 'me' time. Which in the last few months, meant watching cooking shows. It makes me feel like I haven't lost contact with the rest of the world or that I'm living on Planet Zombie. It makes me feel somewhat 'normal', or maybe more aptly, sane.

My Kitchen Rules and Masterchef have so far dominated my housewife life. What's not to love? Food and good looking blokes!

So come Good Food and Wine Show...guess who went beserk over Manu? ...oh Maaaaanuuuu!! He's tall, handsome and can cook. Luckily H understood the qualities he's lacking, and happily obliged to



A) que up with me to meet Manu,
B) take a photograph of his wife with Manu
C) look after Jellybean while his wife was going nuts over a celebrity chef
D) hear his wife go on and on a out how Manu's so charmingly handsome, smells good and said her name with a sexy French accent.

Uh huh, it's hard being my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment