Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Congratulations!


I have a weird attachment to weddings.

When I was preparing my own, I wont deny that there were many times, I just ran out of energy and wanted to give up. It wasnt that I didnt want to be married anymore, but the whole notion of getting married was just getting too much. I literally wanted to be married without a wedding. -But thank goodness I didnt walk down that lane.

Because after all the brain stretching and heart wrenching things that go into a wedding, theres the total bliss to it afterall. The icing to the cake. It is worth it, and you wont have the chance to plan such a grand and momentous event to celebrate your life as a couple ever again.

So when I saw my best friend get married, I really saw a blissful couple. I felt so privilleged to be there, to witness the joining of two lives and enjoy the buzz of the atmosphere.

It made me realise that weddings weren't just meant for the couple, but for all the loved ones who wanted to share this celebration. All the friends and family who sincerely wanted to congratulate you and wish the very best for your new journey ahead.

It made me realise that all the details you thought of [which somehow seemed like a life threatening decision at the time] may go un-noticed, but it didnt matter when you knew all your guests were having a good time.

Anyhow..without getting too carried away..I had a ball at Steven & Pauline's wedding. If I havent said this before...it was so nice to see everyone again! Their wedding made me laugh and cry. Simply beautiful.

And just to prove it..heres some of my favourite pics of us having fun at the photobooth (such a neat idea!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment