Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Best Chef


Here's my mum. In my world, she's the best chef. Amoungst all the food frenzy i'm in recently and all the cooking classes I go to, I think she's the one I learn the most from. Her cooking fundamentals are simple- throw in ingredients according to your taste and instinct.

Unlike her daughter [aka me], she doesnt have a tonne of cookbooks. Yet her dishes have remained deliciously flavoured ever since I can remember. She also doesn't have much hand written recipes too. All her recipes are in her head.

Here's my first and only photo of her cooking. Blurred I know- but she's really hard to keep up with! But I love it. Its just...her. My mum...in this instance, cooking one of our family favourites: Five Spice Duck.

Her duck is awesome. I'm not bias. But it is the best I've ever tasted. I'm sure if my sis gets a load of this she'd wish she was here.


No comments:

Post a Comment