Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Let's Wrap


When I was young and dreamy, amongst all my weird ambitions, my ideal job was to be a gift wrapper. I'd wrap presents everyday and be in sheer delight when people received nicely wrapped gifts. Then I got older and realized I wouldn't make much money out of it, so I decided to be a architect- who still doesn't make much money but figured I wouldn't get as many raised eyebrows when people asked me what I did for a living.


So here I am, older, not necessarily wiser, but still hearting well wrapped gifts. And though I admit, there's been a handful of presents where I just chuck into a commercial bag before handing it to the receiver, I put just as much thought into it- just that I didn't have time to wrap it. -I promise.


This was a very belated birthday gift done up for Michelle. I remember her calling me from Sydney a few years ago, asking what are the basic tools she should get for scrapbooking/cardmaking. Today, I think she's got waaaay more things than me and has definitely made more things than I have! 




It's stressful giving something to a talented crafter. So this was just simple wrap and card set, playing on cute stamps and organic colours in line with her gift.


Ps. Today I want to own a scrapbook store, make my own cards. As you can see, I'm still not grasping the idea of earning truckloads of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment