Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

White Chocolate Raisin Cookies II (The Christmas Version)

How was your Christmas? Mine was spent indulging on my nephew's toes. No, not really. I'm just best buds with him right now.


Anyhows, everyone on blogger-sphere is doing some sort of Christmas cookie and I wanted to join in the fun too.



A while ago when I did a white chocolate raisin cookie recipe- it was crunchy, but somehow lacked in the looks department. I like cookies in any manner- as long as they're freshly baked. Psychologically they taste better, I like tasting them while they're still warm and soft from the oven and harder when they cool. And, the house smells divine.


This time I wanted a soft-melt in your mouth sort of recipe, trying the slice and bake method.



White Chocolate Raisin Cookies II (Christmas Version)
adapted from Women's Weekly Cupcakes Cheesecakes Cookies


250g Butter softened
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
2 cups(300g) Cake Flour (you may use plain flour, just that I didn't have any on hand)
1/2 cup (75g) Rice Flour**
1/3 cup (50g) Cornflour
2 tablespoons Milk
1/3 cup (50g) Raisins
200g White Chocolate Couverture chopped
100s & 1000s for decoration


1. Beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Sift the 3 flours. Add raisins and white chocolate. Stir into butter mixture in two batches.
3. Add milk.
4. Knead until smooth. Divide mixture in half and roll into 25cm logs. Wrap each log with baking paper, sprinkle with 100s & 1000s, roll the log and refrigerate until firm (approximately 1 hour).
5.Preheat oven to 150C fan forced and line baking trays with baking paper.
6. Cut logs into 1cm slices and bake for 20 minutes.

*Note: I'd omit the icing sugar if I had the 100s & 100s sprinkles next time.- I thought it was a tad too sweet.

**I ran out of rice flour and used glutinous rice flour instead. Worked out fine.This is great for storing in the fridge and baking when you need it.





I think I found the perfect recipe for Chinese New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Who would be the lucky one to get these beautiful cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. one Kevin and one Cicilia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie! Happy New Year!

    They got loaded to my husband's office:)

    ReplyDelete