Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Food Finds & Inspirations

I'm beginning to feel like a free foodie advertiser- I go-chomp-tell. But really its more for me, my records. Places I've been, things I've tried, interesting finds I might like to replicate and food I'd like to eat again.

So this post, I dedicate it to food found in restaurants/stalls/cafes that can be whipped up at home- no name dropping what-so-ever.



Milo Dinosaur- Why the name? I'm not quite sure. Maybe because it's loaded with Milo powder above the chocolate drink. I heart the way it's served in a stainless steel cup. So easy to make at home.



Fried Vegetables- Assortment of sweet potato, seaweed, potato, carrots, leafy greens fried and dusted with salt and icing sugar. Definitely wakes up the taste buds.



Good Old Peanut Butter Toast- Thick bread, thick peanut butter laced with condensed milk.



Honey Green Tea- Served in a large glass tumbler. Perfect for hot days. And kindly excuse my hungry husband at the rear. Thank you.



Chocolate Fondant- Gooey inside, cake outside and a crunchy biscuit base. yums! Complete with my bite marks. Doesn't that make it lurvelier?!



Fried Smoked Cheese Bites- Definitely not for the calorie conscious! Filled with diced capsicum and onions, the ultimate warm cheesy snack!



Root Beer Float [complete with H as my model!]- Huge I might add!! Note to self- get huge mugs! I'm personally not a fan of anything fizzy but this one totally satisfied H.

Now let me go look for some more....

3 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMm.....btw liya...the peanut butter toast...is that from miri or singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jess..this particular one was from singapore..but miri has the same thing- just incase that can entice you to come here:)

    ReplyDelete