Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Cake Curse II

..So up to this stage, pretty much everything was ok. It was time to take the Lemon Cheese Slice out from it's square tin.

I'd get home by 3pm, present a decent cake and be ready for a Father's Day gathering that night.

I could lie to you and tell you it turned out fine. I could cut a slice and dont show you the rest of the cake. But truth is, it failed. Miserably.


It was sitting pretty for five minutes or so before I received a string of phone calls. A few phone calls later and this happened..


My Sice wilted. Drooped. Fell apart. Melted. It was ugly! Bleh. Our hot weather and my dad's not so cool air conditioning just wasnt on par with my Lemon Cheese Slice.

Alot of whining later and another trip to the shops I was optimistic about my next cake. A Lemon Curd Cheesecake. I still had lemons, I just needed to get some biscuits and cheese and I'm off. It's gonna be good. I could taste it in my mouth already.

A biscuit base


Grate the lemons..ooh.. can you smell the zest?


Baked cheesecake


Lemon Curd..Kewl. Can I just emphasise once more Its gonna be good. Lemon and cheese always taste good. A few hours in the fridge and I'd bring it hack home with my mad driving skills.




A bit later...I took it out of the fridge. Popped off the sides of my cheesecake tin.

Good. Sit Cake Sit.

Took the tin to the basin and got my serving plate. Came back and saw a horrible mess. Again!!The biscuits came crumbling down like a tonne of bricks. I would of shown you how my second cake of the day failed miserably, but I was really trying to salvage it.

Anyway...I did my best and took it back home. This is where my lovely lemon curd somehow disappeared and my grapes came tumbling down. Grr.- Maybe its my mad driving skills again.

So now I present to you ..the one and only:Ugly Lemon Curd [which disappeared] Cheesecake. Sigh. Edible. All gone by the end of the night. But ugly. Ugly. Ugly. Take note how the grapes have crumbs on them. Bleh.

Did I tell you I hate cakes? But I'm sure we'll become besties soon and talk to one another in the near future. We're grown ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment