Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hair Chronicles : Experiment 1

I hate the idea of using tonnes of chemicals in my everyday life. Its used everywhere in our house and on my body. So, in my bid of going for a eco-friendlier life and a less chemically polluted environment..I'm gonna go a bit hippie. Minus the flower in my hair.

So last week, I started a new experiment. I wanted to see if I could be shampoo free. I'm using baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair. Yes. You heard me. I read it here and in some other blogs. It made sense.

Ok, the thought of baking soda and apple cider vinegar didnt really ring a bell.

I'd stink. Be all sour. My hubby wont hug me. My friends wont like me. My parents might disown their hippie daughter - or they might think my hubby was torturing me. Ok..I got a little carried away.

But I tried it. I mean, if I really stunk...I could go back to normal shampoo right?

And guess what? I didnt stink. The bonus was..my hair was all smooth and shiny. Cool huh? I still use conditioner on my ends though cos I have such broom-like hair..but I make sure it doesnt touch my scalp.

So here's how I went hippie:

Baking Soda Mixture

1 tablespoon of Baking Soda - mixed with just enough warm water into a paste.

Wet hair. Massage baking soda paste onto scalp. Rinse as usual.

Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar - mixed with 1 cup water and pour onto hair (its most probably better off if u had a sprayer..but I didnt) Wash off as usual. Condition ends if you wish.


I've tried this for a few days now. I use the baking soda mixture everytime I shampoo but I've only used the apple cider vinegar once. [they say you dont always need to use this rinse]

So far, no allergies, no stinky head and my Hubby still loves me. Its going all good. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment