I'm a lazy cook. So lazy in fact, I couldn't be bothered taking those huge distracting crumbs away before taking the photo.
I'm the type who loves simple recipes made with the least amount of ingredients. Preferably from things already stocked in my pantry. This is one of those lazy cheesecake recipes.
250g plain sweet biscuits
125g butter, melted
140g Caster Sugar
500g Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Cream
1) Process biscuits until fine and combine with melted butter. Press mixture over a 20cm springform pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 120 Celcius fan-forced.
3) Make filling by beating eggs and sugar until thick and creamy.
4) In a separate bowl, beat cheese until smooth and add into egg mixture. Beat until combined.
5) Pour filling into springform pan and water-bake for 1 1/2 hours or until set.
6) While cooling the cake, make butterscotch topping by heating the ingredients in small saucepan until smooth.
7) Spread over cheesecake and leave for 3 hours or overnight to set.
And if you're lazy like me..you can still take the photo with the crumbs in it.