Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Flourless Nutella Cake



I was inspired by my Le Creuset Ramekins. Lame I know. Who get's inspired by cookware? But I just had some sort of impulse to use them- I was feeling sorry for it- they've been sitting pretty- in their un-opened boxes for several months and I needed to justify my buy.


Then came my other sudden thoughts that came as abruptly as my Le Creuset thought.


Nutella. 


Flourless.


Fast.


I came across some hand written Fallen Chocolate Cake recipe I later realised was from the net and modified it. I normally wouldn't modify recipes before trying the original version first but:-


a) I was out of chocolate 
b) I really wanted to use the Nutella. The tub that's sat in my pantry for yonks and nearly overdue.


So here goes...




Flourless Nutella Cake


200g Nutella
2 Heaped Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
250g Unsalted Butter
6 eggs, Separated
1 Cup White Sugar


1) Melt butter in a heatproof bowl (either by putting it over a saucepan or in the microwave). Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Stir in cocoa powder and mix until even. 
3) Beat eggs whites in a separate bowl.
4) In another bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and then add Nutella and chocolate mixture.
5) Gently Fold eggwhites into the chocolate mixture.
6) Pour mixture into 1/2 of each ramekin. (I got 6 ramekins) and bake for 15-20 mins, making sure it rises and falls before taking it out of the oven.


*Optional: Dust with additional cocoa powder.


Serve warm/room temperature. Eat lots. Get fat.




It was so quick and chocolate was definitely permeating the air! I've stored my remaining 4 in the freezer..I think it'll be nice heated up and served with some vanilla ice cream. Maybe I'll add some ground hazelnuts next time.


Note: It's addictive!

2 comments:

  1. omg..this looks sooo sinfully nice!!!
    Its almost lunchtime and its making me feel hungry!! Makes me want to try out the recipe..=)

    -han

    ReplyDelete
  2. guilty pleasure! I just reheated one last night..ate the whole thing after dinner...and then the guilt kicked in. shucks.

    try it!! tell me how it goes:)

    ReplyDelete