Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tumeric Raisin Rice


Don't blame me. I had a huge craving for carbohydrates and totally, completely, utterly gave in. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Just when everyone is worried about global warming and volcanoes erupting I'm worried about carbs. Ah huh! 


And you know what? I've been on a spice spree. Ever since my curry encounter, I love spices in everything. I mean everything! I don't know about you..but I spent my weekend stealing my mum's food processor grinding  spices, onions, garlic, lemongrass and storing them in cute tupperwares. Awesome right?! Not. I just became obsessive. Obsessive compulsive.


Anyways..lets get back to some super easy rice cooker stuff:-


Rice Cooker Tumeric Rice


2 teaspoons tumeric powder
1 stick Cinnamon
Handful of Raisins
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon Butter


Throw everything into the rice cooker and tap your fingers anxiously. 


I served mine with microwave dried anchovies and curried eggplants. 


Ps. See my scrawly handwriting besides? I got that recipe somewhere online, and u'd note I omitted saffron and sugar, and lessened the butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment