Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rewind A Few Years

When I was in uni awhile ago, I use to meet my friends regularly at this Asian-Hong Kong-Cafe-Restaurant for lunches. Thinking back, I'm not sure whether it was because it was a convenient location or it was the food, but somehow we dined over baked pork chop rice quite often.


If you're familiar with Hong Kong-Macau cafe style foods, you'll find they have some Western-Portuguese influenced Asian foods due to their history. 


I don't know why I've started reminiscing, but I've recently started going back again- the record has pretty much been once a week for the past 3 weeks- I think. Though the owner of James Street Kitchen has changed quite a few times, their lunch menu has pretty much remained the same. 






For the record, I still eat their Baked Pork Chop Rice. It comes as a set-with a drink and borsch/corn soup. If you squint your eyes you'd also notice we ordered spring onion pancake and you tiao (fried dough). We just had nasty eyes and wanted everything on the menu.



They now also serve a assortment of entree style dishes. Although I do presume the takoyaki here was not made in their own kitchen.



They also have Xiao Long Bao. 



Cream Corn Fish & Rice




Roast Duck & Preserved Vegetable Rice Noodle Soup.


I'd say the food tastes pretty much the same as university times- either that or it's been too long! It just takes me back to yester-years and the cafes in Hong Kong. Slurp!




James Street Kitchen
Shop 7a/109 James Street
Northbridge
Perth. Australia

2 comments:

  1. btw how's the Xiao Long Bao? the skin nice?

    I miss 'ding thai fung' sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say it's as nice ofcourse, but it's not bad and is soupy inside. You should try- it should atleast fulfill your craving without being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete