This post is for you Paul....
If this attracted you last time, then its here I present to you Fettucine Carbonara aka H's Spaghetti Carbonara. Which essentially- can be done by any first time cook.
I originally wrote everything here..
But I dont's think its quite a recipe when I've put everything together and didn't write down any measurements. They're specific though...so much so I think only H would understand it totally- I totally refined it down to my pots and pans!
So here's a refined version:
H's Spaghetti Carbonara (serves 2)
Grab approx 2.5cm diameter of fettucine/spaghetti (or any pasta)
1 medium sized onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
Dash of Rosemary/Italian Herbs
2 pieces Bacon, cut into squares
6 White Mushrooms, trimmed at the end and sliced
6 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
1 Teaspoon Salt to taste
1. Boil approx 2 liters water in a pot.
2. Place all pasta in boiling water and add a pinch of salt.
3. Cook pasta for 15-20 minutes or until al dente.
4. In a medium sized pan, gently saute the onions, rosemary/italian herbs, garlic and bacon until fragrant.
5. Add mushrooms. Reduce heat and add in parmesan cheese, salt and cream, mixing until even.
6. Turn off heat. Add one egg and stir quickly. The heat from the sauce will cook the egg.
7. Taste and add additional salt/parmesan cheese if needed. If sauce is too dry, add in some milk.
8. Stir sauce into pasta before serving, top with parmesan cheese if preferred.
Once again, bon apetite.
Appelbeignets (Dutch Apple Fritters)
3 years ago