Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

El Cheapo Deco


My entrance foyer looked a little bit bare. 


..And I presume I had my thinking cap on this particular weekend. So with these 4 things, I spruced it up a little.






I stapled all the corners into the foam and within thirty minutes, my 'art work' was done.






I don't know how long I'd like them..but its so easy to change/redo- just take the fabric off, put another fabric on and arrange in a different manner. OR..I was thinking when I get sick of them, they can be pin-up boards in my home-office:). 


If you need some el-cheapo sprucing up heres what I used:


Approx 2.5cm thick Foam (cut to your preferred size) 
Scissors 
Stapler
Fabric to your liking


Just cut the fabric to size, making sure it can wrap around the foam. Staple around the edges on the back, making sure corners are tucked in. Ta-daa! If you want something more permanent..maybe you'd use some glue too..but I haven't tried that.


I also adhered them to the wall with 3m mounting tape..the type you can pull off without damaging your walls. They work really well.


And just incase you're wondering...my vases are Ikea lamps that didn't work out for my kitchen..so I flipped them around and now they're vases...or maybe I'll make them into some sort of light installation later. hehe.

1 comment: