Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

In this field

I'm a practising architect. One of the perks of my job is that sometimes I get to travel and meet an array of interesting people. The downside is, sometimes travelling means I will be doing OT's till random hours in the morning and going outstation is REALLY last minute.

However, this trip I really got to enjoy the fruits of labour. Our office previously worked on a port project which was recently launched. You can read more about it here.


Its during these times that I'm again reminded, this is a male dominated industry [well, in Malaysia anyway]. Basically, being a female, you get more curious looks when you walk into the room, even more so since most of the males are atleast 10 years older. The bonus is, they're usually not as harsh on you in meetings, but you really need to prove yourself to earn some respect.

I guess another perk[or norm] is that you sometimes u get to meet 'local celebrities'..ok..in this case, it was mainly politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment